Let us take this opportunity to educate you about some technical aspects of SEO.
For IIS Server:
If you have admin access to the IIS server, follow the steps below:
1. Start Internet Services Manager. Alternatively, start the IIS Snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
2. Click to expand * server name, where server name is the name of the server.
3. Right-click either the Web site or the folder that you want to redirect, and then click Properties.
4. Click one of the following tabs that is appropriate to your situation:
• Home Directory
• Virtual Directory
5. Under when connecting to this resource, the content should come from, click A redirection to a URL.
6. Type the URL of the destination folder or Web site in the Redirect to box.
For example, to redirect all requests for http://www.mydomain1.com/ to http://www.mydomain2.com, type http://www.mydomain2.com.
7. Click OK.
If you do not have admin access to the IIS server, then we will share about the alternative approach in our next issue.
Till then, keep blogging!
SEM Times Team